Do you want to improve your Spanish language skills?
Remotely and at your schedule?
These are your best options to study online Spanish course B1!
What is the online Spanish B1 course
The online Spanish B1 course is the next level up from beginner. You can only take it if you feel prepared and have a basic grasp of the Spanish basics.
We could simplify by saying that it´s the intermediate level, together with the B2. It follows the A1 and A2 beginner levels, also known as basic or elementary. In addition, it precedes the C1 and C2 levels, considered advanced, near-native, or bilingual.
What you learn in the B1 level of Spanish online
Once you have mastered levels A1 and A2, the next step is to take level B1. But let’s take a closer look at what you learn in the B1 level of Spanish online.
- Understand the main points of clear texts in standard language on familiar topics.
- Manage leisure, work, and study situations.
- Can deal with most situations that may arise on a trip to Spanish-speaking countries.
- Reproduce simple but coherent texts on topics of personal and common interest.
- Describe experiences, dreams, events, hopes, and ambitions.
- Explain plans, reasons, and opinions briefly.
What B1 Spanish courses offer
The proposal of the B1 Spanish courses offers different benefits that usually depend on the academy you choose to study. However, this is what they all have in common to give you.
- 100% online courses
- Access to the web or platform 24 hours a day
- Conversation sessions
- Native teachers
- Conversation and listening practice
- Grammar material
- Group classes
- Practical exercises
Top 3 best places to take online Spanish course B1
There are millions of face-to-face, virtual, and blended academies in the world. This time we have chosen the top 3 best places to take online Spanish course B1.
You won’t need to go anywhere, as they are 100% online. You won’t have to adapt to them either, because they adapt to you, to your schedules and needs.
1. Universidad Europea
Universidad Europea stands out for the ease of online access to students. This allows you to take your lessons at your schedule. But you also have native teachers at your disposal to chat and improve your Spanish listening and comprehension skills.
The study methodology applied by the university is virtual. Students access classes through an agile, intuitive, and completely flexible interface.
Where is Universidad Europea
Universidad Europea is located in several major cities in Spain. All are members of the Grupo Europa Educación (“Europe Education Group”). You can choose any of these options.
- Canary Islands
Course content B1
- Didactic material
- Group classes
- Interactive exercises
- Group sessions
- Conversational fluency
- Grammar knowledge
- Improve your level
- Native teachers
- Live or recorded lessons
- Group tutoring
- Unlimited conversations 24 hours a day
- 100% online
- Adaptation to your availability
- Online Spanish test
The curriculum at Universidad Europea is divided into two parts.
- Spanish B1 course includes contents adapted to the B1 level.
- 2 weekly live grammar lessons taught by native teachers.
- Didactic material with written explanations and grammar exercises.
- 2 group tutorials of 1 hour with teachers willing to answer your questions.
- Grammar classes are held on Mondays at 17:30 and Wednesdays at 19:30.
- Unlimited conversation sessions 24 hours a day.
- You can participate in as many sessions as you wish for 6 months.
- Group sessions with 4 to 8 participants from all over the world and a native teacher.
- Didactic material and exercises at no additional cost.
Lengalia offers you Spanish courses based on the recommendations of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR). It has six different levels, including B1, so you can take the intermediate level and go on to the advanced level.
Lingalia’s B1 Spanish course is focused on grammar, designed for students who want to go beyond the intermediate level. During the lessons, you will broaden and deepen your knowledge of the Spanish language.
At the end of the course, you will receive a certificate of proficiency, which details your level of Spanish. The fact that it meets the international language standards of the CEFR will make it accepted anywhere in the world.
Course content B1
Lengalia’s Spanish B1 course is divided into 15 lessons
- Present continuous (gerund)
- Past tense indefinite (simple past tense) I
- Past Indefinite (simple past tense) II
- Present perfect vs. the simple past
- Past imperfect (indicative)
- Simple past vs. the imperfect past
- Past perfect (pluperfect)
- Relationship between the different past tenses
- Indirect Object Pronouns
- History to read
- Test B1
- Grammar and exercises
- Recording and playing back conversations
- Listening exercises with audios and videos
- Exercises to expand vocabulary
- Vocabulary practice with a trainer
- Oral communication exercises, such as descriptions, requests, rejections, acknowledgments, apologies, expression of feelings.
- Reading exercises
- Listening comprehension: Understand the main points of standard speech on work, leisure, study, and other topics.
- Oral interaction: Engage in conversations about topics of interest and respond to them, even without being prepared. Relate simple sentences describing ambitions, dreams, and hopes. Narrate stories of my own, from movies, or books.
- Reading comprehension: Comprehension of texts with frequently used language. Understanding descriptions of feelings, desires, and events.
- Writing: Writing coherent and simple texts on topics of interest. Writing personal letters describing impressions, opinions, and experiences.
- Professional Spanish
- Vocabulary and travel
- Vocabulary trainer
- Verb Conjugator
- Online translator
- Live tutor
- Advice and technical support during the course
3. Cervantes Escuela Internacional
Cervantes Escuela Internacional has general Spanish courses online designed to learn as if you were in the classroom. A native teacher guides lessons daily. They have courses available for levels A1, A2, B1, B2, and DELE exam preparation.
The courses last 4 weeks segmented into 40 hours of work and 10 hours of group classes via Zoom or Skype. If you prefer, you can access the platform and take the lessons on your own.
Course content B1
The Spanish B1 course is divided into two parts.
- Part A: 6 lessons
- Part B: 6 lessons
- Written and telephone placement test
- Certificate of achievement
- 40 hours of work guided by the teacher
- 10 hours of group classes via Skype
- Assignments and audios via WhatsApp
- Forum for homework, questions and answers
- Counseling tutorial for the change of level
- Listening Comprehension
- Practical and Functional Spanish
- Guided Discovery Exercises
- Clear explanations
- Private lessons via Skype
- Monthly study plans.
- Easy enrollment
- A study from wherever you want
- Practice at your own pace
- Online DELE exam preparation courses
- Courses for groups
- Cervantes EI online platform – Moodle
- Quality certified by the Cervantes Institute
- Qualified native teachers
- Interactive learning
- 35 years of experience in teaching Spanish
- Personalized study plan
- Guaranteed results
Dozens of practice hours
The online B1 Spanish courses are the stepping-stone between being a newbie and becoming a master of the language. The classes are specially designed to ensure your fluency and mastery of intermediate grammar, as well as gaining vocabulary.
Practice is the most important thing and as you can see, each of these academies offers you dozens of practice hours during your studies. Both with native teachers and classmates living anywhere in the world.
This means that beyond fluency, you will gain friends from other lands. Enroll, improve, and certify your Spanish language skills!