Duolingo’s language learning process is very varied, with 10, 15, 20, and 25 minute-a-day programs.
Want to know how fast can you learn Spanish with Duolingo?
Stay tuned and see how quickly you will become fluent!
What is Duolingo
Duolingo is a platform specially designed for language learning and English-level certification. Duolingo Inc, whose founders are Luis Von Ahn and Severin Hacker, created it in the United States.
The platform was launched on November 30, 2011, and remains active to this day. Its main attraction is easy and practical lessons for all audiences. Available for Windows, Android, iOS.
How it works Duolingo
How it works Duolingo is very easy to follow. The first thing you should know is that you have several languages available to learn. The first one is Spanish because it´s in high demand.
Once you choose the Spanish language, the page redirects you to a series of questions to find out your preferences. It asks you about your interests in the Spanish language and why you want to learn it. Finally, it asks you about the level to start and the daily time you will dedicate to it.
The Duolingo Spanish learning system is number 1 in the world. This is due to its ease and flexibility that adapts to any age and level of language proficiency.
You can start as a total beginner. If you have already studied some Spanish, you can indicate this during your registration and start from your actual level.
The lessons are full of fun, motivation, and competitiveness. As you complete the lessons, you earn points that will give you access to new levels.
The phrases and vocabulary are for everyday use, ideal for improving your Spanish skills. Of course, everything you learn is easy to apply in real life.
What Duolingo offers
What Duolingo offers is both free and Plus learning. Millions of students around the world have proved the effectiveness of the study model. It´s not for nothing that it is the most recognized and used platform.
However, as far as the Spanish language is concerned, Duolingo offers the following:
- Fast progress: Lessons are efficient for developing listening, reading, and conversational skills.
- Personalized learning: Students can go at their own pace. Lessons are tailored to individual performance for optimal learning at each level. This is achieved by combining language sciences with artificial intelligence.
- Motivation: The fact that the platform works as a game gives you the motivation you need to level up. It proposes easy-to-achieve challenges and a well-defined study habit. All this added to the fun makes learning Spanish an incredible adventure.
- Fun: Fun is an essential factor to facilitate the learning of Spanish. This platform has unique characters, such as the famous Duolingo owl.
- Duolingo Plus: although the platform is completely free, learners can choose the Plus option to remove ads and accelerate progress. If you want to give it a try, they will give you a 14-day free trial.
- Learn anywhere, anytime: Duolingo has a downloadable App on Google Store and Apple. With the app installed on your smartphone, you can study wherever you are and during your free time.
- Duolingo for schools: Teachers and students can access this option specially designed to help them in the teaching-learning process. It is easy to use in and out of the classroom.
How fast you learn Spanish with Duolingo
How fast you learn Spanish with Duolingo will depend on how much effort you put into it from the very beginning. Following the established goals, it will take you an average of 3 to 5 months.
This is because the Duolingo platform establishes a tree of Spanish language learning objectives. Once completed, you will have good conversational fluency. It includes over 150 skills and over 600 lessons, but there is no need to worry about time because the tree is quite fast. However, some factors could affect the speed of your learning, let’s see what they are.
Daily study time
By assuring that learning Spanish will take you 3 to 5 months, we stick to a daily study time of 4 hours on average. You will be able to set your own schedule, making sure to make up for any missed classes.
By proposing high study rhythms, you will be immersed in the language for longer. This allows you to pick up and integrate Spanish quickly.
Everything in life requires perseverance because he who perseveres wins. Have you noticed that many famous scientists, who made great discoveries, isolated themselves from the rest of the world? Many were told they were crazy and would not achieve anything.
But, they never gave up, they never gave in. They had sleepless nights, maybe their partners abandoned them, and they may have gone a few days without eating. What is certain is that they made great sacrifices and persisted in their dreams until they achieved them.
Of course, we are not saying that you should sacrifice everything in your life to learn Spanish. Taking some of the hours you spend checking your social networks and using them to learn Spanish is more than enough. In fact, such a sacrifice is not even necessary, since we know you have the desire to learn and the will to structure your schedule.
Languages you are fluent in
The languages you speak can make it easier for you to learn Spanish. Of course, they are not all languages, only some that are related and also come from Latin, such as Spanish.
Combining learning methods
The platform allows you to set up a combination of learning methods to boost your Spanish skills. There is no one better than another is; the ideal is to take advantage of them all equally, just as you do with exercise routines. Among the methods available in Duolingo, we have:
- Interactive Stories
- In-person communication
- Short game-like lessons
- And many more
With all this at your disposal and a 4-hour daily schedule, you will be an expert in Spanish in 3 to 5 months.
You can go faster and faster
Once you get the hang of learning Spanish on Duolingo, you can go faster and faster. You’ll see how fun, entertaining, and effective the lessons are. By putting this into practice, your learning will gain speed.
- Keep your brain active.
- Complement the lessons with a good Spanish grammar book.
- Talk to native Spanish speakers.
- Take note of new vocabulary and integrate it into your conversations.
Hunger for knowledge is the secret
Many times, we used to only take what we are taught in class. Other times, we just study for the sake of studying, but we don’t go deeper into the topics. It can even happen that we forget the lessons we have learned.
Hunger for knowledge is the secret to academic and student success. Although we are often called nerds, we shouldn´t really care what others think. For while they waste their time criticizing us, we keep gaining more and more knowledge.
And whoever said that knowledge is power was not wrong. The power to communicate with almost two billion people in the world. To be able to travel happily knowing that you won’t get lost even in the most remote corner of the planet.
So we invite you to reflect on which is better, learning well or learning fast. If you choose to learn fast, make sure you learn well!