Wanting to practice your Spanish writing and see for yourself if it’s right?
Surely, you are interested on discovering a reliable and accurate tool.
Here are our options close to Grammarly for Spanish language!
Let’s talk a bit about Grammarly. It´s an ingenious tool designed to correct the grammar and spelling of texts. Not only basic corrections, but also it´s able to improve and make your writing more attractive with 72% accuracy.
Grammarly has over 15 million users who use it to check punctuation, styles, and sentence structures. It also has a plagiarism detector used on more than 16 million web portals worldwide. This app is only available for English text verification.
If you want to install it on your computers, you can add it as a Chrome extension. It will be useful to check your emails and messages from Gmail, Messenger, Outlook. Projects and documents in Google Docs, Jira, Slack; social networks like Facebook, Twitter, and others.
Add it to your Android or iOs device from the App Store or Google Play Store. Of course, you will be able to verify that all your texts comply with grammar rules.
Grammarly in Spanish
Thousands of users ask us for Grammarly in Spanish. Although it does not exist as a language checker, you can set the application in the Spanish language. Just follow these steps:
- Open the Grammarly add-on application.
- Customize the keyboard.
- Other languages.
- Add Language.
- Choose Spanish from the list of available languages.
Security and privacy
This application has security and privacy policies in place. Although we don’t always read them from start to finish, it is advisable to look at them and be aware of their modifications.
Don’t forget that Grammarly processes everything you type and analyzes it for errors. It takes your data, analyzes it, and in the end deletes it (as expected). So the trust you give to this company only depends on you, if you feel comfortable or not.
Top 5 apps close to Grammarly
Because of the complexity of the Spanish language, even native speakers need to check the grammar. As writers, sometimes the sentences fit perfectly in our minds, but when we write them down, they are a mess. So, we must turn to an online grammar checker to improve our texts.
Although the app is not available in Spanish, there are top 5 apps close to Grammarly. Let’s see what they are and how they work.
1. Language Tool
Language Tool is an ideal grammar checker for anyone with a decent grasp of Spanish. The explanations are in Spanish, so you need to distinguish between a good suggestion and one that goes against what you mean. Here are the pros and cons.
- Includes spell checker.
- Correctly indicates gender problems with articles.
- Free version to correct grammar, spelling, and punctuation in Spanish and 20 other languages.
- Personal dictionary.
- Texts are stored securely.
- No distraction from writing.
- Perfectionist mode for more suggestions and advanced style.
- Light and dark appearance.
- Works with browser add-ons, Office extensions, and desktop applications.
- Can flag some words and proper nouns as errors.
- Spelling errors confuse the grammar checker.
- Does not catch concordance errors between nouns and adjectives.
2. Spanish Checker
Spanish Checker performs certain corrections that are not enabled in Language Tool. Its explanations are in English, so it will be easier for you if you are not yet fluent in Spanish. Check out its pros and cons.
- Detects errors that other checkers ignore.
- Identifies gender disagreement problems with articles.
- It is a basic grammar checker special for students.
- It includes explanations of the main grammatical categories.
- It shows the rules, exceptions, and errors to avoid.
- Marks problems erroneously.
- You must use your judgment when admitting corrections.
3. My Stilus
My Stilus is a very easy-to-use spelling, style, and grammar checker, capable of detecting most errors. Just copy your text, paste it and you will receive an almost instant response. See its pros and cons.
- Recognizes the variants of the Spanish language.
- Easy to use, agile, and fast.
- Interactive correction where you see the errors and choose from several correction options.
- Customization of what and how it is corrected.
- Captures most grammatical concepts.
- The free version allows you to check 25,000 words.
- Available for Word, WordPress, Word 365.
- Not completely free.
- May ignore some minor problems.
- Sometimes fails to differentiate between prepositions and articles.
- Often ignores incorrect use of prepositions.
Plagly is a tool to check for plagiarism, check texts with accurate results, and enjoy error-free writing. Just copy the text, paste it into the box, and the colored phrases will indicate any errors in your writing. These are the pros and cons of Plagly.
- Corrects more than 250 types of spelling and structural problems.
- Ideal for students, professionals, bloggers, and writers.
- Style and punctuation correction.
- Checks more than 24 languages.
- Color coding of errors.
- Most problems are easily detected.
- Personal dictionary.
- Some features are only available in the basic plan.
HiNative, formerly known as Lang-8, is a text editor with native Spanish speakers. It´s ideal for students and in about 24 hours you get your corrected text back. Learn more about its pros and cons here.
- Proofreading by native Spanish speakers.
- You choose the Spanish slang.
- More than one person can check your text.
- Allows you to make friends with other users.
- They also check your pronunciation.
- Takes longer than automatic proofreaders.
- Some errors may be ignored.
Grammarly is everywhere
When you need to correct your texts, no matter the language, Grammarly is everywhere. Although this app itself is not available to improve your Spanish texts, you can use it in other ways.
For example, we have mentioned the top 5 applications closest to Grammarly. Just add them to your favorite sites or install them on your computers and that’s it. If you don’t get the efficiency you want from one of them, you just need to complement it with another one.
In addition, to practice your Spanish you have a special app with native Spanish speakers. More than correcting, they can be your friends. Not to mention that you will have excellent mentoring to improve your Spanish!