Looking for fun ways to immerse yourself in the Spanish language?
Did you know that music could improve your language skills?
Download and listen to the best music to learn Spanish!
Why learn Spanish through music
In this section, we will review the reasons why to learn Spanish through music. First, listening to Spanish songs is a good way to improve your language skills. The repetition of rhythmic phrases helps you memorize new vocabulary.
It’s like the organic learning of children listening to something on TV. The more they hear it, the more they repeat it, and the more they assimilate it. If you focus your attention on that one thing you like, you could learn more in a day than you have learned so far.
That’s why I consider music to be a magnificent element for Spanish language immersion. Especially because of how enjoyable Hispanic music is.
- Strengthen your vocabulary.
- Strengthen your grammar.
- Acquire context for new words.
- You are more likely to remember words.
- Your listening comprehension skills improve.
- You can listen to your favorite song without getting bored.
- Learn to listen to sounds.
- Connect sounds to written words.
- Your comprehension soars.
- Learn to appreciate the art of other cultures.
- You understand the kind of art people enjoy.
- The letters teach you colloquial expressions.
- Your study habits vary.
- Your routine changes.
- You have fun learning.
Where to get the music to learn Spanish
I usually share songs from Youtube because it is one of the most popular platforms. But here I will leave you a small list of where to get the music to learn Spanish. In any of these platforms, you can choose the ones that will be your favorites from now on.
Rockalingua has a selection of free Spanish music for kids. They are divided into categories such as school vocabulary, daily routines, numbers, and relationships. They also include songs related to colors, hobbies, and travel.
Songs for Teaching
Songs for teaching includes a playlist of almost 300 songs for all levels of Spanish. The genres range from grammatical to urban songs. So put on your headphones and start practicing.
Spotify is the place to be for all music lovers. If you’ve already used it, you know you can create playlists with your favorite songs and even download the lyrics. The best thing is that it’s free and available for Android and iOS.
Top 10 best music to learn Spanish
Musical taste is an individual and unique delight for everyone. Perhaps I could create a playlist of Spanish songs of every musical genre, but I would never finish. So, I’ll give you the top 10 best music to learn Spanish.
I think starting with these 10 songs is more than enough. As you listen, you will discover new songs that you can add to your playlist. The important thing is to enjoy them.
1. Luis Fonsi – Despacito ft. Daddy Yankee
2. Pedro Capó, Farruko – Calma (Remix – Official Video)
3. Enrique Iglesias – Bailando ft. Descemer Bueno, Gente De Zona (Español)
4. Rauw Alejandro & Camilo – Tattoo Remix (Video Oficial)
5. Hombres G – Devuelveme A Mi Chica (video clip)
6. Shakira – La Tortura (Official HD Video) ft. Alejandro Sanz
7. Don Omar – Taboo
8. Juan Gabriel – Así Fue (En Vivo [Desde el Instituto Nacional de Bellas Artes])
9. Ozuna – Se Preparó (Video Oficial) | Odisea
10. Manuel Medrano – Bajo El Agua (Video Oficial)
Music never stops playing
I think that there´s not a single human being who doesn´t love and enjoy music. There´s indeed variety in tastes and preferences, but we all love good music.
The first thing we learn as babies are those beautiful lullabies that our parents sing to us. Then we discover fun songs in school that talks about letters, animals, or colors.
Our musical taste becomes more refined until we have one or more favorite genres of music. I particularly have many and enjoy everything from a good opera to Caribbean salsa.
Open yourself to enjoy life and decide to be happy. May the music never stop playing. Choose your favorites and let the music teach you Spanish!